There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/04/20
Job Purpose: To support an elderly lady with dementia and other medical conditions with her personal care.
Details: all aspects of personal care including washing, dressing, toileting and emptying the commode. Your role will also involve supporting the lady to eat and drink regularly and administering medication as required. Full guidance will be provided by the employer, who is the lady’s daughter, and you will be given time to build a rapport with the lady before you are left unsupervised.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Experience of working with people with dementia.
• Kind and gentle nature.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour rising to £9.01 per hour from 01 April.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 14 hours per week to be shared between at least two employees. 4 half hour visits are required on a daily basis, at 7am, 10am, 1:30pm and 3pm. As this is a job share position, please state your availability on your application form.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.