There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/01/20
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide the cared for with opportunities to go out and visit places of interest and undertake fun activities within Norfolk, for example Bewilderwood, Pensthorpe, swimming, tubing at Norwich ski centre. To provide full care and support to the young person whose emotional responses can be more extreme, more prolonged and more intense than may be usual. A high degree of support is required in terms of safeguarding and caring for the young person during these times. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible in changing activities according to the needs and wishes of the young person, including providing care, support and devising activities for him to do within the home environment if required
Details: Further details will be discussed at interview but the successful candidate will be expected to assist with;
Personal Duties; such as supporting the young person with learning about appropriate clothing for the weather and putting on/removing clothing.
Sensory Support; to be continually aware of the sensory state of the young person.
Communication Duties; to ensure social stories are used on the ipad, to give information about what is happening, especially around times of transition.
Emotional Support; to provide a high level of support and reassurance to the young person as responses could have greater intensity than usual.
Domestic Duties; to ensure that care is given at home to clear away items and clean surfaces.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Kind and caring
• Experience in a similar role
• Able to work under your own initiative
• Reliable and dependable
• Hard working and enthusiastic
• Driving licence
• Previous experience working with children and young people with autism and challenging behaviour.
Summary Terms and Conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £12.00 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: flexible hours per week, to be further discussed at interview. A job share will be considered if you can’t commit to all the hours, but usually term time: 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of the month, school holiday: Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 – 15:00.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.