There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/07/20
Job Purpose: I am a sociable and friendly 76-year-old lady living in my own home. I have physical disabilities and require your support with domestic tasks, shopping, meal preparation, accessing social activities and household admin.
Location: Colkirk, Fakenham
Your role will involve:
• Making a shopping list, supporting me with food shopping, (either together or on my behalf as my health dictates), and putting the shopping away appropriately.
• Domestic tasks including a hygiene clean of my home, laundry, removing out of date food, ensuring that my home remains organised etc.
• Supporting me to prepare fresh meals.
• Assisting me to get out and about, i.e. to local cafes and other social activities.
• Supporting with sorting and responding to correspondence.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
• Friendly and sociable.
• Thorough, organised and adaptable.
• Good cooking skills.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week, to be further discussed at interview.
The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.