There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.72 + great benefits Per Hour
Closing Date: 30/09/20
We need a dedicated Waking Night Support Worker to work with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. This is also a great opportunity for carers looking to work in a different setting. Although experience is desirable we will fully train you to ensure you have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge.
Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support, and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
Your role will be to provide responsive support during the night as required by the person supported, as well as some light household duties.
You will be required to attend training and team meetings during the day, and so must be available to attend these outside of your normal night work pattern.
For this position we are currently recruiting for waking night support worker to work 2 nights a week
Week 1 – Wednesday & Friday, then Week 2 – Saturday & Sunday
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
– 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
– Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
– Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
– Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
– Occupational Health support
– Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
– Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
– Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff