There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Norvic Healthcare (Anglia) Ltd
Closing Date: 09/04/21
PALLIATIVE HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT
Want to make a difference to someone’s final days, what about being a Palliative Healthcare Assistant?
Norvic Healthcare is a family run business and based in Taverham.
Our Fast Track Palliative Care Team provides palliative care for End-of-Life clients who have been fast tracked for discharge from the hospital. These clients have expressed wishes to be at home in their final days.
You will be a vital part of a supportive friendly and specialist team who have a great reputation for ensuring that patients and their families receive seamless support. We have rounds covering Norwich, North Norfolk, South Norfolk and West Norfolk.
You will have a caring and compassionate nature with the ability to think and operate within our company values – Nurture, Openness, Respect, Valued, Integrity, Compassion.
Weekends – Saturday and Sunday hours of 7am – 8pm so shifts carried out during these times.
Working on a 2:1 basis using the Company Car
The main duties required for this role are:
- Applying simple wound dressings
- Applying lotions and creams as needed, particularly around pressure areas
- Administering medication or inhalers
- Changing catheter and stoma bags when required
- Ensuring that all the equipment that is used on the client is cleaned and stored correctly
- Assisting with washing, showering, bathing, hair, oral care and toileting
- Assisting with dressing and undressing
What we need:
- Essential – Current Driving licence
- Good level of English – both written and spoken
- Caring nature and want to make a difference to someone’s life
What we offer:
- 6-week induction training programme with a senior member of the Fast Track team
- Free Online training
- Level 2 Qualification in End of Life Care (Fully Funded)
- Weekly or Monthly pay with Holiday Pay
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free uniform