To support an active 8 year old with activities and social engagement
Location: Norwich NR2
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
My son is autistic and requires a person to engage with activities and provide companionship. The right person will be patient and have autism awareness, being able to de-escalate situations. My son really likes gaming, so a gamer would be ideal, but he also likes nature and would like someone active and willing to support him getting out and about. The working hours can be very flexible depending on activities to be undertaken, but we would prefer someone to be with him for 4 hours, once a fortnight.
· Friendly, positive nature
· Encouraging and patient
· Some knowledge/experience of Autism
· Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 4 hours, once a fortnight, flexible.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.