There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: A kind and easy going mum with a good sense of humour, who has multiple sclerosis, requires your help with everyday tasks.
• I have children of varying ages and would like you to do the morning and afternoon school/nursery run, take the children to and from clubs, support with family outings and generally assist me in my parenting role. You will be insured to drive my vehicle.
• Supporting me to go shopping and attend various appointments.
• All aspects of housework including cleaning, cooking, laundry and ironing.
NB – Please note that this job involves working with children or young people.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Full clean driving licence.
• Good with children and happy to work with my children unsupervised.
• Happy to work around small dogs.
• Young at heart with a good sense of humour.
• Flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
• Non smoker
• Lives locally
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week to be worked on a Monday and Thursday from 8:30am-4pm, plus extra evening and weekend hours as required and cover for absence of my other PAs. Some flexibility with working hours is required to accommodate appointments and social events.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.