Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: Our active, outdoorsy, happy seven-year-old son, is talkative, once he gets to know you. He loves trains, animals, Lego, painting, playdough and slime! As he has global developmental delay, he would like your support to access activities outside of the home.
Location: Thetford area.
· Being proactive in assisting our son to plan and access activities, particularly outdoors.
· Supporting him to use public transport– he loves the bus! – or driving him in your own vehicle if you’re a driver.
· Providing regular prompts to use the toilet.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Experience of children with additional needs.
· Enthusiastic and sparky nature.
· Cheerful personality.
· Sensible and trustworthy.
· Flexible with working hours and tasks.
· Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance is desirable, but not essential.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £11 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work:
- An average of 4 hours per fortnight, to be worked flexibly at weekends and during school holidays, to be arranged to suit both parties.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.