There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/12/21
- Providing personal care including showering and washing my hair.
- Domestic support such as making the beds, tidying dishes away, hoovering, washing floors, putting rubbish out, emptying the washing machine and hanging washing out or putting in the dryer. I would leave you a list each morning of the jobs I would like you to do.
- Meal preparation, EG. Peeling potatoes and vegetables ready to be cooked, put ingredients together and pop a casserole in the oven.
- Before you leave, ensure I have a drink and something to eat if desired.
- Take me out, maybe to a garden centre or supermarket and either push me round in my wheelchair or assist me to walk with the support of a trolley.
- Support me to attend appointments.
- Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance and a large enough vehicle to accommodate my wheelchair, and comfortable enough for me to be able to get in and out.
- Kind and thoughtful.
- Prepared to fit in with family life and not mind if I’m particular about the jobs I’d like doing due to my OCD.
- Basic cooking skills.
- Ability to respect my confidentiality.
- Happy to work around a very friendly dog and cat.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week to be worked ideally on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning, starting around 9am. Some flexibility will be required to allow for appointments and activities.
- The annual holiday entitlement will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
- ‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.