There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.70 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/02/20
Job Purpose: I am a very sociable, active and independent lady. I am a thalidomide survivor with significant physical disabilities, so I require the support of a team of PA/Carers to enable me to live independently in my own home.
• Supporting with all aspects of personal care using a hoist, for which full guidance will be provided.
• Assisting me to get in and out of bed.
• Supporting me to take my medication.
• Preparing meals and drinks.
• Light household tasks.
• Companionship – I love a good chat!
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female due to the personal care requirements of the role.
• Friendly and bubbly personality.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.70 per hour from 8am-10pm and £9.34 per hour from 10pm-8am.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 29 hours per week to be worked from approximately 1pm-4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and 10pm-8am on Friday and Saturday nights. All hours are approximate and can be further discussed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.