There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.00-£12.00 per hour dependent on experience
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 22/11/19
Job Purpose: I’m a friendly married lady with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I also have mobility difficulties and use a wheelchair when outside of my home. I require support with everyday living tasks.
Location: Downham Market area.
• Assisting me with household tasks such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
• Supporting me with personal care needs as and when required.
• Reminding me to take my medication.
• Supporting me to attend appointments as required.
• Assisting with emergencies as and when required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Ability to drive, as I live in a rural location.
• An understanding of the conditions fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
• Sociable with good communication skills.
• Good timekeeping skills with an ability to work on your own initiative.
• Ability to multitask.
• Flexibility with hours and times of work.
• Happy to work around dogs and small animals.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role, particularly with someone with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
• First aid certificate.
• Knowledge of medication.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10-12 per hour dependent on experience.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 flexible hours per week, Monday-Friday with some occasional weekend working required, plus holiday/sickness cover for my other employee, who also works 10 hours per week.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.