There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 15/12/23
Location: Based in King’s Lynn with travel around West Norfolk
Contract: 12-month contract
Work Pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22-24,000 p.a
Pandora Project is a specialist domestic abuse charity providing support and advice to
women and children who are affected by current or historic domestic abuse. The
purpose of the adult support worker role is to provide a supportive and confidential
service to women aged 16 and over, affected by domestic abuse, as part of Pandora
Project’s adult outreach service.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Plan and provide appropriate one-to-one support to women affected by domestic abuse.
· Assess the needs of clients in order to promote their well-being and safety.
· Offer emotional support to all clients and practical support where necessary.
· Develop and maintain effective partnership working with agencies.
· Hold a strong commitment to safeguarding.
· To work alongside other agencies, offering a wraparound support package.
· Refer to other specialist services.
· To keep accurate client records up to date using a secure online client record system.
· To be an ambassador for Pandora Project.
· To work as part of a team.
· Manage own caseload and follow lone working procedures.
· Undertake risk assessments to enable safe working practice.
· Work in line with Pandora Project’s policies and procedures.
· Report any problems/difficulties/complaints to the line manager and participate in any follow up investigations as required.
· Ensure that any issues in relation to safeguarding children or vulnerable adults are brought to the immediate attention of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
· Maintain strict confidentiality and to ensure that professional boundaries are observed when working with clients, staff and external bodies.
· Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with all Pandora Project staff.
· Be committed as part of the team to providing an excellent level of support to clients.
· Attend all meetings or training as requested by the line manager.
· Attend regular individual and group supervision sessions as well as clinical supervision.
· Be accountable for and review own practice using supervision and other opportunities for professional development.
· To provide support as required to colleagues, including the induction of new staff, student placements and volunteers in conjunction with your line manager’s requests.
· Ensure that sensitive information complies with GDPR.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Relevant qualification and working experience of supporting vulnerable women.
· A good understanding of domestic abuse and managing risk.
· Ability to work in a supportive role whilst withholding professional boundaries.
· Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for children and adults.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Non-judgmental and reliable.
· Ability to work as part of a team effectively.
· Ability to stay calm under pressure.
· Experience of using Microsoft Applications, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently and the ability to prioritise workload. · Hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. It will be
necessary for an enhanced DBS check to be completed.
Women only to apply S.7(2)(e) SDA applies ‘Exempt under the Equality Act 2010
Schedule 9, Part1’