There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Night Support Worker
John Grooms Court
John Grooms Court
Closing Date: 31/03/19
Full time vacancies available for Night Support Workers. Enhanced rate of pay for nights and qualifications.
Purpose of Job:
To provide high quality care to all service users as directed by, and under the supervision of a supervisor or line manager.
- Assist with the reception and orientation of new service users in a reassuring manner.
- Act as a key worker if required to a nominated service user or users.
- Attend to the personal care needs, appearance and hygiene requirements of service users at all times in accordance with their documented care plan.
- Complete service users care plan documentation as directed.
- Prepare dining areas for use and assist service users with meal preparation if appropriate. Provide assistance to service users with eating and drinking as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness in all communal areas and private areas and encourage service users to participate in daily living activities.
- Maintain adequate clean and laundered clothing for each service user and actively encourage their involvement in the selection and purchase of clothing.
- Assist service users to undertake daily tasks such as bed making, disposing of soiled linen in accordance with company procedures and the infection control policy.
- Provide support to service users to make visits to hospital, dentist, shops or other approved excursions as required.
- Assist and actively encourage the social care and the well being of service users. Contribute to the development of new ideas in residential care and in respect of stimulation for service users to improve their quality of life.
- Following appropriate training and assessment to administer medicines to service users in accordance with company policy.
All staff are required to:
- Show courtesy and respect to service users at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect the confidentiality of service users and their families at all times and involve families and friends in the service users care and develop their trust.
- Be aware of, and at all times comply with all company policies and statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Care Standards Act and all Regulations made there under, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and your home in particular, positively at all times in the local community.
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times.
You will have the following:
- A willingness to work towards NVQ 2 in Care.
- A good standard of general education.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to undertake personal care tasks.
- Have a satisfactory level of verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an empathy and caring nature.
- Demonstrate an authentic interest in maintaining the quality of service that will be in accord with the standards set by Swanton Care and Community Ltd.
- Organised, enthusiastic, committed and methodical approach.
- Demonstrate a commitment to further and continuing professional development.
Apply by sending C.V’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Carol Yull on 01603 429400 for further information.