There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 11/08/22
Night Concierge – Part Time
Cabbell Road, Cromer
£9.80 per hour
31.5 hours per week – 6pm to 3am, 4 nights on and 4 nights off
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same? Are you passionate about supporting people? If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
We are seeking resilient, empathetic and empowering people to join our team at Cabbell Road.
At Cabbell Road, we support clients who are 18+ and experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. We are looking for supportive and positive people to empower our clients. You may be faced with challenging situations so you will need to be resilient and confident in managing these.
Sanctuary Supported Living is the largest provider of housing related support to single homeless people in Norfolk. The aim of our services is to ensure that our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff, and focusing on delivering excellent quality.
Our primary focus is to support clients in a range of areas including finding employment, recovery from addiction and building stability through a range of social activities. A successful outcome is achieved when our customers can move on to suitable long-term accommodation appropriate to their needs.
We will provide you with a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Night Concierge will include:
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Ensuring an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Occasionally organising and running social activities e.g. film nights
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
- Ensuring the security of the service is maintained
- Writing and updating client notes
- Lone working at night
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults would be an advantage but not essential as full induction will be provided
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Basic health and safety knowledge
- Friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to communicate and engage with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £9.80 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing date: 11 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.