There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 14/08/22
Homelessness Night Concierge – Part Time
Rush House, Diss
£9.80 per hour
30 hours per week – 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off
Do you want a role where no two nights are the same and you will be making a real impact to the lives of our young people? Are you passionate about supporting people? Can you work under pressure and manage challenging situations? If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
Diss Homeless Supported Housing provides support to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness and has three properties spread over one site. There are nine single-occupancy bedrooms at Rush House, eight single-occupancy bedrooms at Irene Jacoby House and nine one-bedroom flats at Matthew Court.
We are looking for a supportive and positive Night Concierge to join our team on site and provides support to our clients throughout the night. You will be empathetic and passionate about supporting people with the ability to show resilience and confidence when faced with challenging situations.
We value our team and encourage learning and progression through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as providing ongoing training to develop new and existing skills. You will have access to our Learning and Development Academy providing a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also offer a great employee rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
If you’re enthusiastic, great at dealing with people and have the skills and experiences that will enable you to support our homeless residents, then we’d love to hear from you!
The role of Bank Night Concierge will include:
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Going above and beyond to ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Occasionally organising and running social activities e.g. film nights
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
- Ensuring the security of the service is maintained
- Writing and updating client notes
- Lone working at night
Skills and experiences:
- A passion and commitment for working in a support role
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health need or substance misuse would be advantageous
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- Ability and confidence to lone work using your own initiative, and as part of a team
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £9.80 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.