There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Bury St. Edmunds
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 23/08/22
Night Worker – Homeless Services
Grove Park, Bury St Edmunds
£9.80 per hour
42 Hours per week – 4 shifts of 6.00pm – 6.00am on, followed by 4 nights off
We are looking for a Night Worker – Homeless Services to join our team at Grove Park. You will be our first point of call during the night for our residents, ensuring security is maintained and will develop good relationships with our residents, in order to help them develop life skills.
Though we refer to the position as Night Worker – Homeless Services, it is also known as Night Concierge.
At Sanctuary Supported Living, we are passionate about supporting people to live as independently as possible and to lead fulfilling lives. At Grove Park, which is part of Bury St Edmunds Homeless Supported Housing, we provide support to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness.
The aim of our services is to ensure our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff and focusing on delivering excellent quality.
We value our team and encourage learning and progression through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression.
Sanctuary also offers a great employee rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Night Worker – Homeless Services will include:
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with residents, helping them develop life skills
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Ensuring an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Occasionally organising and running social activities
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
- Ensuring the security of the service is maintained
- Writing and updating client notes
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health needs or substance misuse
- Previous experience working under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritising work loads
- Some knowledge of the application of Health and Safety legislation
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £9.80 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 23 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.