There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 17/08/22
Night Support Worker – Part Time – Homeless Services
Caledonia House and Canterbury House, Thetford
£9.80 per hour
30 hours per week – three nights of 10 hour shifts, followed by three nights off
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role where no two nights are the same? Are you passionate about supporting people?
If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
We are seeking a Night Support Worker – Homeless Services to provide an overnight reception service at Caledonia House. At Sanctuary Supported Living, we are passionate about supporting people to live as independently as possible and to lead fulfilling lives. Caledonia and Canterbury House provides support to people experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness.
Though we refer to the position as Night Support Worker – Homeless Services, it is also known as Night Concierge.
We value our team and encourage learning and progression through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also offers a great employee rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Night Support Worker – Homeless Services will include:
- Providing general assistance and responding to customer requests and queries efficiently
- Supporting the organisation of social events to encourage participation and involvement to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that security of the service is maintained by completing hourly checks and monitoring CCTV
- Developing and delivering effective administrative procedures
- Completing concierge check lists, feeding back information and completing incident reports if required
- Night and Lone Working
Skills and experiences:
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under challenging circumstances
- Some experience of security or working with vulnerable adults would be advantageous
- Basic health and safety knowledge, with the ability to carry out minor repairs
- Friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to communicate and engage with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £9.80 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 17 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.