There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Norfolk County Council
Closing Date: 21/09/21
At Norfolk County Council our commitment to providing proven, quality, holistic residential for children and young people with disabilities aged 05-17 aims to achieve excellent outcomes and lasting results. We are passionate about the provision of creative and ambitious opportunities for our young people. Our services are well regarded, and we are proud of our reputation of ensuring the best outcomes for disabled children.
Foxwood is a residential short break home in Norwich. We provide holistic care to young people with learning disabilities with complex health needs and challenging behaviours.
We need highly motivated, resilient and positive team member with humour, tenacity and empathy to help children and young people with disabilities thrive and reach their full potential. We are seeking an experienced individual who is able to lead shifts and to support and guide junior staff at night. We value your life experiences, energy, personal strength and positive mental attitude.
The role is predominately working at night however you will also work occasional day shifts and includes working at weekends and bank holidays.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting children and young people with disabilities to develop their emotional and social needs by building positive relationships. Ensuring that their needs are met throughout the night.
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance young people’s independence skills.
- Ensuring that children’s and young people diverse communication needs are met ascertaining their views and wishes and these are acted upon where appropriate
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development.
- Managing complex behaviours that can be challenging.
- Provide personal intimate care to holistically support children and young people with disabilities which can include tasks such as feeding, washing, toileting, dressing, hoisting, administering medication and also health care tasks and duties that can be met through appropriate training and delegation of clinical procedures in line with the 2005 Royal College of Nursing Guidelines.
- Work in collaboration and also directly with families and other professionals to ensure best outcomes for children and young people with disabilities.
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care (paid for).
We offer full induction and regular training and supervision, career progression and personal development and an NCC pension scheme.
For an informal discussion please call Joanne Reeve, Resource Team Manager by clicking ‘Call Now’.