There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/04/21
Support Worker – Weekends
Location: Dereham and Norwich, Norfolk
Salary: £10.90 – £11.13 per hour
Enhancements: Bank Holidays £13.08 – £13.35 per hour, and
Christmas / New Year £17.44 – £17.80 per hour
Sleep in Allowance: £70.47 per night
Job Ref: N228
Are you looking for a role to fit around your life and which offers great rates of pay whilst allowing you to make a genuine difference to the lives of others?
If so, then we are looking for individuals to support our services at the weekends and can offer flexibility to accommodate shifts across weekdays and evenings to ensure you get the working pattern to suit you and your commitments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established regional charity, providing care, support and life skills to the people we support in our Residential, Supported Living and Outreach Services. We pride ourselves on working in partnership with professionals to ensure we provide a strength-based, outcomes-focussed approach to our work.
We are looking for team members that are enthusiastic, driven, and reliable. You must want to provide a compassionate and high-quality service to the individuals you are working with. As a Support Worker you will need to have a professional, caring and flexible approach.
Your main duties will include:
- Working in partnership with all relevant professionals to provide a strength-based, outcomes-focussed approach to your work;
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and support plans/risk assessments to reflect the requirements of the person being supported;
- Monitoring and evaluating individuals’ needs and ensuring these are communicated effectively and accurately to the appropriate people;
- Acting as a keyworker ensuring that the individuals’ needs, wants and aspirations are identified and that their support plans reflect these.
This role is varied, and every day is different, so being adaptable, using your common sense and initiative are a ‘must’ for this role. You do not need to have worked as a Support Worker before applying to us, but all experience in this field will help. As will those who have worked in any hospitality, customer service, or retail sector, as there are many transferrable skills that can be utilised in this field.
You will be expected to know, understand and work within Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults procedures, for which you will receive all relevant training. Autism Anglia is committed to ongoing training and supervision, qualifications and continuing professional development. We also provide an extensive induction on commencement of employment. Therefore, experience is not essential, just a willingness to learn and implement all necessary skills for the safety and wellbeing of the people we support.
It is essential that the successful applicant holds a full driving license.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
- Extensive Induction and training progammes
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Employee Referral Scheme – vouchers for you and anyone you recommend who we employ
- Access to ‘Spectrum Life’ Employee Assistance Programme and Benefit Hub, with free counselling services and incentives including shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback.
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
- Pension scheme
- Support and encouragement to obtain qualifications and progress up the career ladder
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interested? Send your CV along with your preferred location and hours and we will contact you to talk about our current vacancies or for more information please contact us on and ask for the recruitment coordinator.