There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Mental Health Support Worker – Full/Part Time
8.50 per hour Per Hour
Part time and relief
Closing Date: 31/08/17
High Oaks is a small, independent care home for over 18’s, including over 65’s, with mental health needs including those who also have associated learning disabilities.
We also have a community service, delivering care and support to people in their own homes and local community. We support general needs and specialise in mental health, dementia and learning disabilities.
We’re looking for part-time support workers as well as on a ‘bank’ (as and when needed) basis. There is opportunity to become a Shift Leader (day shifts) after a period of time and this attracts a further £1.25 per hour for shifts that you lead.
Care home shifts are daytime (long at 12.25 hours and short at 8 hours), waking and sleeping nights (12.25 hours) and cover seven days per week, 24 hours per day. Community home care is generally during the day as needed. You may not be needed for home care work until some time after you employment starts.
Experience preferred but not essential.
- full training provided
- free meals and drinks (in the care home)
- paid breaks (in the care home)
- free accident insurance
- competitive pay @ £8.50 per hour minimum for over 18’s
- varied and rewarding work
- company pension scheme
Hourly rate is £8.50 per hour for over 18’s and waking nights attract a further enhancement of £10 per shift. Sleeping nights pay £60. Shift Leaders (day shifts) receive a further £1.25 per hour.
Own transport essential due to rural location in Gissing near Diss, south Norfolk and for community home care work.
However, we may be able to provide local accommodation so applications welcome from people happy to be located in Gissing.
Duties include (and not limited to)
- Helping to compile residents’ support plans and risk assessments
- Delivering care and support in accordance with the individual support plans
- Administering, storing, auditing and ordering medication
- Assisting residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene
- Record keeping in residents’ daily notes
- Encouraging and assisting residents in social and leisure activities and to be part of the local community
- Cleaning in communal areas and residents’ rooms
- Food preparation and basic cooking
- Driving residents to appointments and activities using High Oaks vehicles
Community Home Care:
- Accompanying clients to hospital appointments, social events and activities
- Assisting clients in pursuing and maintaining educational or other courses
- Assisting families, for a temporary period, when a family member is in crisis or just unwell
- Prompting and assisting with medication (full training given)
- Budgeting and assisting with their post and bills
- Basic Cooking
- Housework and laundry
- Personal care including physical disability support
DBS disclosure essential (formerly called CRB)
For more information and to apply call: 01379 674456 and speak with Claire Caswell, Tony Gowers or Tim Cooke. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com