There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Mental Health Support Worker
Closing Date: 26/09/18
High Oaks is a small, independent care home for over 18’s, including over 65’s, with mental health needs including those who have associated learning disabilities.
We’re looking for a full-time support worker to work 36.75 hours per week within our residential care home and possibly in our home care service.
The care home shifts types you’ll work cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are long daytime (12.25 hours), short daytime (8 hours), waking nights (12.25 hours), sleeping nights (12.25 hours including 7.5 hours dedicated sleeping time). There is opportunity to work additional shifts. Community home care is generally during the day as needed. You may not be needed for home care work until some time after you employment starts.
Experience preferred but not essential.
full training provided
free meals and drinks (in the care home)
paid breaks (in the care home)
free accident insurance
competitive pay @ £9 per hour (waking hours) minimum for over 18’s
varied and rewarding work
company pension scheme
Hourly rate for waking hours is £9 per hour for over 18’s and waking nights attract a further enhancement of £10 per shift.
Own transport essential due to rural location in Gissing near Diss, south Norfolk and for community home care work.
Duties include (and not limited to)
• Helping to compile residents’ support plans and risk assessments
• Delivering care and support in accordance with the individual support plans
• Administering, storing, auditing and ordering medication
• Assisting residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene
• Record keeping in residents’ daily notes
• Encouraging and assisting residents in social and leisure activities and to be part of the local community
• Cleaning in communal areas and residents’ rooms
• Driving residents to appointments and activities using High Oaks vehicles
DBS disclosure essential (formerly called CRB)
For more information and to apply call:
and speak with Claire Caswell, Tony Gowers or Tim Cooke.
Closing date Friday 7 September 2018