Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: I’m a dad of 6 young children, and I have complex spinal injuries, leaving me unable to do many tasks on a day to day basis. I’m seeking support with my personal care, domestic tasks, meal preparation and at some point, getting out and about for social interaction.
● Personal care including assistance with washing and dressing, continence care and cleaning after toilet routine.
● Helping me to get downstairs to the living room and assist with other transfers as required.
● Prompting me to take my medication.
● Meal preparation – assisting with breakfast, lunch, Sunday roast preparation and arranging what I’m eating the next day.
● Domestic tasks such as washing the dishes and sanitising the kitchen after each meal, and making sure the floor is clear of children’s toys to help to prevent trips and falls.
● Supporting me to access activities of interest, such as shopping and attending social clubs to enable me some time away from my busy household and improve my general wellbeing. I would also like help with planning days out.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
● Male due to the personal care aspects of the role.
● Full UK driving licence.
● Experience in a similar role, preferably with people with spinal injuries or similar disabilities.
● Able to work in a busy family environment.
● Adaptable with work tasks with the ability to use your own initiative.
● Punctual, reliable and self-motivated.
● Comfortable to work around a dog.
Summary terms and conditions
● The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
● You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
● Hours and times of work: 34 hours per week to be shared between at least two PAs, so please state your availability on your application. The total hours required are 10am-12PM and 7pm-9pm Monday-Sunday plus 6 flexible hours per week to accommodate social activities.
● The annual holiday entitlement will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to
● A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
● Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
● Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.