There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Live-In Care Work
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 25/04/21
To provide daily personal care and social support for 21yr old lady with physical disability (Quadriplegic/Cerebral Palsy). Full training to facilitate exact requirements will be provided. This is a ‘Flat Mate’ type role.
I am a 21-year-old female who will soon be completing my university degree. I require 24-hour live-in care based in Cambridge, looking for FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY. I am fun-loving and always looking to try new things and explore new places. I need somebody who is equally up for getting stuck in. I need help with every aspect of my day, including going to the toilet.
I will be living in a 2 bedroom house and you will have your own room.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application
- Calm, well organised and practical
- Physically fit
- Good communication skills/hearing
- Sociable/sense of humour
- Excellent communication skills
- Be prepared for commitment
- Ensure my living environment is safe and clean
- Full clean UK driving Licence and able to drive my mobility vehicle
- Comfortable working around animals, especially dogs
- Care experience
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £120 per day worked.
- Flexible rota, essentially 7 days on 7 days off
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.