Closing Date: 30th July 2021
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Live-in carer required on a 2 week on – 2 week off basis to support a gentleman who has suffered a brain injury in 2012, which has led to paralysis. Also, R has back and leg injuries
following an accident while in the RAF.
Location: Brooke, NR15 (8 miles from city centre)
Having recently moved from Kent to Norfolk, R is seeking live-in care to support him with all daily living tasks while encouraging R to maintain as much independence as possible. R requires help with all aspects of personal care throughout the day balanced with encouragement to help R decide what he would like to wear for instance. A patient and understanding manner will be required as R can only answer questions with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’. As you would expect as a live-in carer this role also entails maintaining the household to a high standard of cleanliness and also undertaking all domestic tasks. R would like a choice of daily meals and meal times will be taken together. Support with shopping and administering of medication also form part of this role as does looking after R’s tropical fish.
R has been living with a brain injury since 2013, is paralysed down one side and also has arthritis in both knees and a crumbling vertebra. In turn, R suffers from both depression and anxiety at times.
R has numerous interests and particularly enjoys visiting air shows and keeping tropical fish. Sci-fi, thriller and comedy films suit R but not a rom-com! History documentaries and Formula One are other interests.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· the ability to follow basic nutritional recipes and prepare meals
· able to carry out household tasks to a high standard including cleaning, ironing and washing
· excellent spoken English
· a patient and understanding demeanour
· Driver- Essential
· 25+ (for car insurance purposes)
· shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £749 per live-in week
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: live-in, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks-off
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.