There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 30/10/20
Job Purpose: your role will be to provide live-in support to me, an independent-minded female wheelchair user with MS, who likes to get out and about. I will provide full guidance on all aspects of the role.
Location: Norwich, NR3.
• Personal care including changing my catheter bag, showering and dressing.
• Assisting with transfers using a hoist and sling.
• Domestic support including cleaning, cooking and laundry.
• Occasional support with feeding.
• Light gardening such as weeding and watering the pots
• Providing support and encouragement to get out and about.
• Driving me in my wheelchair adapted vehicle, to access activities of interest, such as the park, shops, the MS Centre, visiting friends etc.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Full UK driving licence and aged over 21 years (for vehicle insurance purposes)
• Experience of moving and handling.
• The ability to encourage and motivate.
• Able to work on your own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills with a good standard of English.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £519.55 per week.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: to live-in 1 week on, one week off or a fortnight on, fortnight off, to be arranged at interview to suit you and my existing live-in carer.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.