There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 28/02/18
We are looking for Learning Disability Support Workers to join our dedicated team of care professionals at Creswick House in Fakenham, Norfolk.
Creswick House is based in the traditional working market town of Fakenham in North Norfolk. In 2002 the house was subdivided into two interlinked living areas, the downstairs has developed into a specialist unit for eight elderly adults with a learning disability. The upstairs unit provides support to five adults with a learning disability within the model of supported living.
Don’t wait, take the next step and speak to us today. We’d love to hear from you.
£8.00 ph, Full Time, Permanent, 40 hrs per week
- As a Learning Disability Support Worker, you will provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Act at all times as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- To significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans. To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns which will include nights and weekend working.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to travel as our residential services are based at various locations throughout Norfolk.
Jeesal has been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years and has received a number of accolades during this time. More recently we have been honoured to be named ‘Independent Secure Healthcare Provider 2015/16’, by Apex, and ‘Large Training Provider of the Year 2015/16’ by the YMCA.
We have achieved validation from Norfolk and Suffolk Care Services for our training department which is striving to make academy status.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.
We offer an excellent training programme and a commitment to ongoing personal development. At the commencement of their employment, the successful candidate will attend a comprehensive two week induction training programme at our accredited training centre in Norwich.
For an informal discussion, please contact Erica Dean, Deputy Manager, via: 01328 851537, or by email: email@example.com
Or click here to visit our Careers Site and complete an online application.