There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 22/08/22
Learning Disability Project Workers
Oak Lodge, Attleborough, Norfolk
£10.61 per hour
37.5 hours per week – shifts include sleep ins and some weekend working – 4 week rolling rota
Would you like the opportunity to work as part of a brand new exciting Learning Disability Service? Do you want a role where no two days are the same and you will be making a real impact to the lives of our clients?
We are excited to build a new project team at Oak Lodge in Attleborough, our new move on service for clients with learning disabilities. We have remodelled an 8 bed hostel and 4 self contained flats to provide our clients with an amazing home.
The aim of our services is to ensure our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff focusing on delivering excellent quality. A successful outcome is achieved when our customers can move on to suitable long-term accommodation appropriate to their needs.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated team of experienced Learning Disability Project Workers to support the Local Service Manager to establish and develop an effective and high performing team, who are able to provide person centred support to deliver outcomes to enable our clients to become successful when they move on.
Project Workers may be required to work “sleep in” shifts- however there will be a 4 week rolling rota which will be evenly distributed within the team. Sleep over rate will be applied in addition to hourly rate.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary has their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all. Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Supporting our clients to maximise their independence and move forward with their lives
- Assisting with assessing clients’ needs by writing and updating client notes using an online system
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Working with external agencies such as mental health and drug and alcohol professionals to support clients in accessing specialised support services
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Going above and beyond to ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Working as part of a team with occasional lone working
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
Skills and experiences:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health needs or substance misuse
- Experience in support planning, key working, risk assessment and safeguarding
- Previous experience working under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently is a must due to our online support platform
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.61 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 31 July 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.