There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Competitive rates + benefits!
Norvic Healthcare (Anglia) Ltd
Closing Date: 10/08/20
£9.00 – £9.50 an hour
At Norvic Healthcare we are working with our commissioners to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
With over 20 years of experience in providing homecare to the community we are committed to be one of the best in our industry. We work with NHS Continuing Care to provide end of life care to individuals who have decided to die at home. We also support individuals at home with varying needs relating to physical health, disability, mental health and dementia.
This is an exciting time to be joining Norvic Healthcare. An opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Homecare Co-ordinator.
The role of Homecare Co-ordinator is to support the Homecare Manager, our clients and our Homecare Support Workers who work in the community in Norwich and surrounding areas. This is a Full-Time Permanent position working 5 days a week across Monday to Sunday.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid homecare co-ordinating experience, strong IT and communication skills and a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join our team. You will receive training in our electronic staff rostering system (CarePlanner) and our digital care planning system (Birdie) as part of your induction.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Manage and organise the provision of high-quality homecare care services through a team of Homecare Support Workers
- Work as a member of a team that will receive incoming referrals and collecting appropriate information from the referrers, clients and other agencies
- Carry out risk assessments, draw up an initial contact support plan, and liaise directly with the client or referrer and input this information onto CarePlanner and Birdie
- Monitoring and co-ordinating quality assurance and compliance, such as initial assessments, regular client reviews, and ensuring that clients, family and staff feedback are directed to the relevant persons in our team for appropriate action
- Commission Homecare services from both Social Services, NHS Continuing Care and the private sector
- Supporting the day-to-day running of the office and ensuring compliance with all requirements of CQC via rostering, recording and reporting
- Ensure the service is delivered in line with Norvic Healthcare policies and procedures, and that the quality of service provision meets expectations
- Using CarePlanner and Birdie to manage information and to analyse and measure performance, working with the Homecare Manager
- Ensure all individual client’s concerns are investigated and addressed and passed to the appropriate person in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure adequate and correct documentation is maintained
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, e.g. District Nurses, within Social and Healthcare services, Care Managers and GP’s as directed by the Homecare Manager and other member of the management team
- Ensure that the National Minimum Care Standards relating to Homecare are met
- Keep formal records of all contacts and enquiries as per Norvic Healthcare procedures, ensuring accurate information is recorded
- Participate in the continuous development of Norvic Healthcare software, systems and procedures
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Homecare Manager and other members of the management team
- Responding to routine queries and requests from the Homecare Manager, other Norvic Healthcare staff and clients
- Ensuring that effective records are kept relating to clients on CarePlanner and Birdie
- Working effectively as a member of the Homecare team, supporting colleagues with their work and handling day to day queries arising from clients
- Working closely with the Homecare Manager to ensure information is delineated efficiently for time critical assessments and the smooth running of the service
- Inputting correctly and ensuring data relating to staff and clients are effectively maintained on CarePlanner and Birdie, including the preparation of staff rota
- Providing administrative support to the Homecare team, including word processing, distribution of information, answering telephones, minute taking at meetings etc
- Ensuring delivery of quality person centred care, assess new referrals, and ensure changes to care plans are implemented in a personal centred way
- Maintaining tidiness within the Office and assisting with the maintenance of effective security ensuring records are kept securely and up to date in an orderly fashion
- Providing general administrative service, including post, stationery and general administrative duties as required
- Update CarePlanner and Birdie when a client’s care package alters or changes address, etc
- Being part of our out of hour standby roster, including availability as a standby one weekend in four to deal with referrals and issues arising from the Homecare and Rapid Response service.
Key skills and attributes that we are looking for are:
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative
- ‘Can do’ approach
- Professional in manner and appearance, and friendly disposition
- Good team player
- Able to travel within the County as required
- Flexibility to work outside of Monday – Friday 9-5 when required for the needs of the business
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Full UK Driving license
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer in return:
- Salary of £18,720 – £19,760 based on 40 hours per week plus additional pay for on call and standby
- 28 days annual leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Death-in-service insurance
- Free uniform
- Regular supervision and support from Homecare Manager and Operations Manager
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this role and would like to find out more please send you CV to us at email@example.com and one of our dedicated colleagues will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Norvic Healthcare.
” By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Norvic Healthcare is collecting, processing and using your personal data for managing your application and establishing an applicant database. For more information, please contact us “