There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 18/05/21
Job Purpose: An urgent post has arisen to support me, a lady with back injuries and other health challenges, to live independently in my home with my dog and other pets. Full training will be provided.
Location: Great Ellingham
- Support with domestic tasks.
- Basic cooking
- Support with paperwork.
- Some reorganisation and decluttering.
- Running errands and providing assistance to attend appointments including occasionally pushing me in my wheelchair.
- Assisting me with various activities inside and outside of my home, i.e. walking and swimming, in order for me to build up physical flexibility, confidence and overall health and fitness.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- An enthusiasm for personal and domestic care work.
- the ability to cook or a willingness to learn
- a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- An understanding of mental health issues or willingness to learn.
- A calm, empathic nature.
- Good sense of humour with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Happy to work around animals.
- Car owner/driver with a full clean UK driving licence and relevant business insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 18 hours per week ideally to be worked each weekday afternoon at times to suit both parties; however some flexibility can be provided with working hours to accommodate your other commitments; job share welcome if you can’t commit to all the hours.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.