There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/05/21
Job Purpose: I am looking for a PA to provide support on a fortnightly basis and to cover sickness and holidays for my other PAs (days and times to be discussed). I do not take on Carers/PAs who are self-employed. Paid training/induction will be provided by my present carer. Please check the location before applying.
Location: Saxlingham Thorpe
Details: I am looking for somebody who is non-judgemental and who would ‘take me as you find me’ please. I enjoy my garden and watching birds outside. Due to limited energy, I do not manage to go out very often. I am a Christian and my relationship with God is important to me.
Job duties to include:
- Meal preparation to stock up freezer with main meals/lunches etc.
- Vacuuming/dusting of house, hygiene clean of kitchen and bathroom areas, mopping of floors, changing of bed linen and some assistance with hanging out washing, occasional ironing needed.
- Weekly food shopping. This will sometimes include buying groceries from a specialist health food shop in Norwich City Centre.
- Helping me with a small amount of computer tasks, i.e. emails and online shopping, by typing and using a mouse for me.
- Helping with paperwork: e.g. filling in forms, telephone calls for advocacy support etc.
- Maybe helping to choose some clothes for me from charity shops, car boot sales or jumble sales, with information from me beforehand!
- Giving me an occasional lift to enable me to visit a friend near Dereham.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Reliable, caring, and flexible PA required with a willingness to carry out a range of tasks with a commitment to work long-term.
- Able to work on own initiative and under instruction.
- Ability to remember detailed instructions is vital.
- Able to provide holiday and sickness cover as required.
- Basic computer literacy an advantage.
- Able to cook healthy, nutritious meals. I am on a high protein diet, so you must be comfortable handling meat.
- Must have high hygiene standards due to my low immune system and risk of infection.
- Intuitive, organised, able to prioritise, thorough with an eye for detail, forward thinking, sense of humour.
- Preferably a car driver with business use cover on car insurance policy.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and days of work: 1.5 hours once a fortnight plus additional sickness and holiday cover.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.