There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Head of Care
£24000 starting salary
Closing Date: 25/11/19
Are you looking to grow your managerial skills within a mental health setting?
We’re looking for a full-time (40.5 hours per week) Head of Care at our independent care home specialising in mental health and learning disabilities for working age and older adults.
You will work 2 x 12.25 hours shifts leading the care team and a further 2 x 8 hours off-rota office days per week. Additional hours as required. You will work closely with, and be supported by, the Registered Manager.
- Overseeing the compilation and implementation of support/care plans and risk assessments
- Co-ordinating the key working system
- Supporting the Registered Manager in assessments, admissions and discharge of residents
- Overseeing safe practice of the ordering, storing and administration of medication
- Ensuring effective running of shifts
- Liaising with care professionals
- Compiling and overseeing the residents’ activities programme
- Participating and/or leading residents’ and staff meetings
- Covering shifts where needed
Ideally you will have previous experience working as a manager within a care setting but we will consider those who have extensive experience working in a senior caring position who are looking to progress into management.
You may be required to do training courses to gain a suitable qualification and expand your knowledge and skill base.
Own transport essential due to our rural setting in Gissing, near Diss.