There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Full Time/Part Time Mental Health Support Workers
Full/Part-time and Bank
Closing Date: 01/06/18
High Oaks is a small, independent care home for over 18’s, including over 65’s, with mental health needs including those who also have associated learning disabilities.
We also have a community service, delivering care and support to people in their own homes and local community. We specialise in supporting people with mental health illnesses and learning disabilities.
We’re looking for a full-time support worker to work 36.75 hours per week and part-time support worker to work 24.50 hours per week within our residential care home and possibly in our home care service.
The care home shifts types you’ll work cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are long daytime (12.25 hours), short daytime (8 hours), waking nights (12.25 hours), sleeping nights (12.25 hours including 7.5 hours dedicated sleeping time).
There is opportunity to work additional shifts and full-time contracts often become available . Community home care is generally during the day as needed. You may not be needed for home care work until some time after you employment starts.
We’re also looking for support workers to work on a bank basis (as and when needed). There is a regular supply of bank hours available and bank positions often lead to a permanent contract if that is the staff member’s preference.
- Experience preferred but not essential.
- full training provided
- free meals and drinks (in the care home)
- paid breaks (in the care home)
- free accident insurance
- competitive pay @ £9 per hour minimum for over 18’s
- varied and rewarding work
- company pension scheme
- Hourly rate is £9 per hour for over 18’s and waking nights attract a further enhancement of £10 per shift.
- Sleep-in shifts are paid at £62 per night.
Own transport essential due to rural location in Gissing near Diss, south Norfolk and for community home care work.
Duties include (and not limited to)
• Helping to compile residents’ support plans and risk assessments
• Delivering care and support in accordance with the individual support plans
• Administering, storing, auditing and ordering medication
• Assisting residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene
• Record keeping in residents’ daily notes
• Encouraging and assisting residents in social and leisure activities and to be part of the local community
• Cleaning in communal areas and residents’ rooms
• Driving residents to appointments and activities using High Oaks vehicles
Community Home Care:
• Accompanying clients to hospital appointments, social events and activities
• Assisting clients in pursuing and maintaining educational or other courses
• Assisting families, for a temporary period, when a family member is in crisis or just unwell
• Prompting and assisting with medication (full training given)
• Budgeting and assisting with their post and bills
• Housework and laundry
DBS disclosure essential (formerly called CRB) For more information and to apply call: 01379 674456 and speak with Claire Caswell, Tony Gowers or Tim Cooke.