There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£18155 - £21359 Per Year
Closing Date: 14/04/17
Have you ever thought about supporting people with a learning disability to be empowered and in control of their own lives?
Being a Team Co-Ordinator at Thera is all about having the skills to make sure people are in the right place at the right times. You will supervise, mentor and support other staff to do a really good job.
Your role will also include supporting people with a learning disability to ensure they have real choice and control about what they do. Our focus is on enabling people to work, learn, live and manage their own lives in the way they want.
This is a management role and you need to be the sort of person who can take things in your stride, remain calm and be confident in dealing with sometimes difficult situations.
Our Learning Together Academy will make sure you have the tools and resources you need to do your job really well. We encourage your ongoing learning and development and you will have the opportunity to complete recognised social care qualifications.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly across a variety of shift patterns, including earlies, lates and sleep-ins.
You will be responsible for:
- – Line managing and supervising support staff.
- – Supporting the team on a day-to-day basis to ensure everything is working well
- – Assisting with producing, maintaining and managing the staff roster.
- – Ensuring teams are providing high quality support which enables people to achieve their goals
- – Working with people’s families and other people who are important to them
- – Providing on-call support and assistance when required.
To be successful in the role you will need to evidence the following skills and qualities:
- – Experience of working with adults with a learning disability and complex needs.
- – Knowledge of support planning, risk assessment and rota management.
- – Strong track record of helping people to achieve their goals.
- – A full UK driving licence.
- – An NVQ/ Diploma Level 2 or 3 or equivalent, or willing to work towards these qualifications
- – IT skills
- – Experience of working with person centred planning tools
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be paid for by Thera.