There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/06/17
Support Worker – Brundall, Norfolk – 003224
Thera East Anglia
Up to £16,288 a year – Permanent
Have you ever thought about supporting people with a learning disability to be empowered and in control of their own lives?
Being a support worker at Thera is all about improving people’s quality of life and helping them to be totally in the driving seat when it comes to planning and living their lives to the full.
We are looking for full time & part time Support Workers to join our teams in the Brundall, Norfolk area.
As part of our team in Thera East Anglia, you’ll be enabling people to live safely and independently in their own homes/make the most of their opportunities in the local community. You’ll also be working with their families and other people who are important to them.
You must have a genuine interest in supporting people with a learning disability to live an ordinary life. Our focus is on enabling people to work, learn, live and manage their own lives in the way they want.
Your role will be varied and you will be supporting people with all aspects of daily living.
This might include:
- supporting them with shopping,
- preparing meals,
- looking after their home,
- going on holiday.
This is a rewarding role, however you need to be the sort of person who can take things in your stride, remain calm and be confident in dealing with sometimes difficult situations.
Experience is welcome but there is no substitute for the right attitude, a supportive nature and a sense of humour.
Our Learning Together Academy will make sure you have the tools and resources you need to do your job really well. We encourage your ongoing learning and development and you will have the opportunity to complete recognised social care qualifications.
Drivers are great, non-drivers are also great!
For informal chat please contact Joanna Haynes on 07738486000 or APPLY HERE: Quoting job reference 003224
You will need to be flexible and be able to work various shift patterns including early and late shifts and sleep-ins for which additional payments will be made.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be paid for by Thera.
Thera are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce. we welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
About Thera East Anglia
- Thera East Anglia supports people with a learning disability to live the life they choose.
- Our vision guides us to make sure that people supported by us have choice and control over their support.
- We believe good, person centred support enables people to be leaders in society and to achieve their full potential.
- Supporting people at home, in their community and at work.
- Currently support people in Norfolk, Peterborough and Cambridgeshire.
- We also have a short breaks facility in Norfolk where people with a learning disability can take a short break away from home.
- Our support for people can vary from an hour a week up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information about what we do, please go to our website