There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 21/04/21
Female Support Worker
Permanent, Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Full UK Driving Licence Essential + Access to a vehicle
About the role
We are recruiting for Female Support Workers in Reedham, Norwich on a full-time basis. You’ll support two women who live in their own home between the ages of 45-70 years old. These women enjoy a variety of activities and as things start to open up, you can enjoy getting involved too with trips out shopping, to restaurants/cafes and walking around their local community as well as swimming (you don’t need to be a strong swimmer as full training on how to support in the pool will be given). They’ll need support with some manual handling; pushing wheelchairs and hand support with transfers, personal care, household tasks, medication administration and meal preparation.
No previous care experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Be prepared to work flexibly as shift patterns can vary between 7am-10pm/earlies/lates / waking nights and occasional weekends and bank holidays.
To be considered for this role you will need to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Successful candidates will work well with the people we support with a person centered approach. No previous experience necessary.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate – delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019 and 2020. At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life, and in return, we’ll help you on your career path to be the best you can be.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Jo or click apply now.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.