There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 30/08/19
Job Purpose: To support me, a lively elderly lady with vascular dementia and other conditions, to live independently in my own home.
Location: Walpole Highway
– Personal care, such as assistance with physio exercises, administering medication, help with bathing, dressing and toileting. No lifting is involved; however I do require supervision at all times as I can fall easily; I walk with the aid of a frame.
– Household tasks such as cleaning my kitchen and bedroom.
– Preparation of light meals.
– Companionship including playing cards and perhaps taking me out for lunch; I use a wheelchair when out and about. I tire easily, so often need some quiet time to rest in the afternoon. I can become irritable due to my dementia, but I don’t mean to. Sometimes I will require some motivation to undertake tasks.
– Letting the dogs out in the garden as required.
NB – Please note that the employer in this situation will be my daughter.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Able to use your own initiative
• Reliable, honest and trustworthy
• An understanding of confidentiality
• Full UK driving licence
• Female as personal care involved
• Happy to work around dogs
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• Hours and times of work: Approximately 9am-3pm on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday and alternate weekends. Some flexibility with working hours is required. A job share will be considered if you can’t commit to all the hours.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.