There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.46 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/09/19
Job Purpose: I am a happy, honest and open lady requiring assistance with personal care, domestic support and assistance to get out and about.
Personal care including assisting me to shower, wash my hair and get dressed as I find it difficult to bend. No moving and handling required.
Changing my bed linen
Domestic tasks as required including laundry.
Meal preparation and washing up.
Assisting me with household admin.
Driving me to appointments, shopping etc in your own car.
Pushing me in my manual wheelchair when required as I can’t walk long distances.
Any other tasks as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance.
• Female due to personal care.
• Friendly, open and honest.
• Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week. Hours and times of work can be discussed at interview. Some flexibility will be required to accommodate hospital and other appointments and to cover the holiday/sickness of my other Support Workers.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 4 weeks.