There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 13/09/19
Job Purpose: To support me with personal care, domestic tasks and to get out and about.
Your role will be to support me with the following:
• Personal care if I am feeling unwell and need support
• Cleaning including vacuuming
• Laundry including ironing and changing the beds
• Reminding me to take my medication
• Getting out and about including shopping and appointments
I experience seizures following a stroke which usually last around 3 minutes. During this time I need my PA to make me comfortable until I feel better. There may be occasions when you will need to call for an ambulance.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Respectful of confidentiality
• Non smoker
• Car owner/driver with business use insurance (expenses will be paid)
• Lively, bubbly and chatty person with good social skills
• Friendly, caring nature with a mature outlook
• Flexible with regard to hours worked
• Demonstrates a high standard of care with a willingness to learn
• Sensitive & compassionate
• Experience of working in care but full training will be provided
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9 per hour.
• Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week to be worked Tuesday-Friday, to be discussed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.