There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Wiggenhall St Germans
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/09/19
Job Purpose: Female PA required to support with personal care, household tasks and shopping.
Location: Wiggenhall St Germans (near Kings Lynn)
I’m a lady with MS needing support with:
– Personal care, such as assistance with my physio exercises, help with dressing, bathing, and general support with getting ready for the day; including helping me move via use of a hoist (full training on this aspehis of the role will be provided by the employer at the start of your employment).
– Household tasks, such as cleaning and light meal preparation, and other general household chores on a daily basis.
– Support with shopping as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Mature outlook
• Female as personal care involved
• Car owner/driver
• Experience of care work or a caring role would be advantageous
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• Hours and times of work:15 hours per week (weekdays). 3 hours per day approx. 10.30 – 1.30pm to be discussed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.