There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Domiciliary Carers/Home Care Assistants
Almond Tree Care
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Almond Tree Care
Closing Date: 31/07/21
We are a new Domiciliary Care Company and have several exciting positions available for full and part-time Carers, to work in the Norwich area and the Waveney area. Our office is Norwich based with easy access by bus from the city centre. We can provide fully insured cars for drivers therefore you do not have to drive your own vehicle while in the community delivering care.
Thinking of a change of direction for those who have never worked in care? Why not try a new rewarding career and support those who need your help?
Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a genuine passion for providing a high-quality care and support. The successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organised and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Proven experience of working in domiciliary care, in either a paid or voluntary capacity, is desirable but not necessary for this role.
- Ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and communicating with tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and other relevant health professionals.
- To treat each person as an individual, with different physical and emotional needs.
- To be willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Certification or training in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) desirable, but not essential.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating, etc.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming, and changing bed linens.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Observe, monitor, and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-run and dedicated company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, and supportive team
- Good rates of pay with staff development opportunities starting from the care certificate through to all levels of NVQ as we have our own fully qualified dedicated trainer.
If you wish to be considered for these roles, please send your CV to us by clicking ‘Apply Now’.