There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 22/11/19
I’m a married lady living in Diss with my husband, teenage son & our pet dog. I require support to complete a variety of domestic chores around our home which I’m unable to do myself. I’m able to drive but would like some company / support to go out occasionally for more ‘girly’ clothes shopping trips; so that I can take my time and have a good look at the latest fashion trends / bargains etc without having to rush.
I can experience excessive fatigue and will make it clear when I need to get back home when out together. I use a motorised wheelchair to get around. I also have a low immune system meaning I need to be careful around people who maybe coming down with colds / flu like symptoms.
Details: Vacuuming, dusting, mopping of floors, hygiene clean of bathroom / kitchen areas (sometimes inside of windows/ wiping skirting boards / removing cobwebs or spring cleaning will also be required throughout the year).
Hanging washing out / collecting it in, ironing and putting it away (this is one of the main areas of support required!).
Preparing vegetables for the evening meal, i.e. peeling / chopping & placing in saucepans ready to be cooked later on in the day.
Popping out to the local shops for the odd pint of milk / loaf of bread if supplies are running low.
Providing support & companionship on social / shopping trips out and assisting with the practicalities of this, i.e. reaching items from shelves / supporting with accessing changing rooms etc.
Assist me with brushing my hair, putting on socks and tying shoelaces as required.
You must also make sure whenever working in our home, that you keep our dog safe and from getting out of the front door.
***Allergy awareness – there is a friendly pet dog in this working environment, please do not apply if you have pet allergies. ***
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Reliable & trustworthy.
• Ability to complete all elements of the job description to a high standard.
• Basic first aid experience or training preferred but not essential for this role.
• Non-smoker preferred.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.20 per hour.
• The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 15 flexible hpw worked Mon to Fri between the hours of 9am-3pm only. The exact hours per day to be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.