There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 27/08/17
Salary: On application
Hours: 37 hours per week
Work will involve occasional evening and weekend work for which time off in lieu will be given.
Job ref: N200
As a member of the Management Team the Deputy Service Manager will take full responsibility for overseeing a Residential Service, assisting the Service Manager and deputising in their absence.
Your main duties will include:
- Leading the staff team and enabling them to support and empower service users to develop skills to ensure that they experience the highest possible quality of life.
- Ensuring that high quality standards are maintained and comply with professional requirements as set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Working in partnership with Managers to develop current services.
- Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care – Essential
- Experience of managing at a senior support worker level or equivalent in a supported living or residential setting – Essential
- Experience of budget control within Health and Social Care services, working within a budget, setting budgets and being able to communicate budget information to relevant people – Essential
- Experience of working with individuals who have a diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Condition – Essential
- Experience of working in line with CQC Care Quality Standards and to be able to cascade knowledge and implement standards in a working environment – Essential
The post holder must be available for unsocial hours, sleep in duties and for on call duties as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
It is essential that the successful applicant holds a full driving license and access to their own vehicle for work purposes.
Application Pack: Applications will only be accepted on an Autism Anglia Application Form, to download the relevant documents please visit our website:
www.autism-anglia.org.uk/jobs/vacancies You will need to refer to the Application Guidance Notes, Job Description and Person Specification document while completing the Application Form. Note that the Application Form includes the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and the Disclosure of Criminal Convictions Form. Please complete and return to us at email@example.com.
If you would prefer to receive an Application Pack by post, please contact the Dereham Office on 01362 853753.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.