There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£12-£15 ph Per Hour
Closing Date: 14/07/19
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and motivated Deputy Manager for our busy care home for adults with learning difficulties. The successful applicant must hold an NVQ level 3 equivalent or higher and have previous experience of working in a busy care home in a senior role in addition to:
- Having a natural approach and strong work ethic
- The ability to form solid working relationships
- Strong leadership skills
- Be Passionate about delivering outstanding care to our residents
- Have fantastic organisational skills
- Effective communication skills with relatives, clients and staff
- Be Flexible , professional and committed to being the best
- Be quality driven with a desire to continually improve our services and yourself
- be computer literate – microsoft and excel
- Have knowledge of CQC and their requirements
You will need to have a previous care background, experience of being a manager is desirable but not essential.
Your main role will be to provide support to the Registered Manager in all aspects of the daily running of the home and business, you will also cover for the manager during periods of holiday, absence or sickness after completing a full induction.
Duties will include:
- Offer support to the care team, leading by example
- Monitoring standards of care by observation and direct involvement
- Support the manager in the implementation and following of policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain staff training programmes
- Participate in carrying out staff supervisions and appraisals
- Conduct regular audits of the home in accordance with managers instructions
- Take part in the on call service
- Deal with emergency and crisis situations making informed decisions using your initiative, reporting incidents to the manager or relevant professional body.
This is a contracted 22 hours per week part time position, with the opportunity to work overtime. Shifts and times will vary depending on the needs of the home.
- All staff will receive full induction training to care certificate standard which will be certificated
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension scheme
- In house rewards scheme
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- recognition of service awards
To apply please email your CV by clicking the Apply Now button or call us to request an application form. For further information please check out our website.