With over 30 years experience, Jeesal Residential Care Service specialise in providing a caring and nurturing environment to support people with developmental disabilities live fulfilling lives.
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our dedicated team of care professionals at one of our Residential Services in Cromer. Westbrook House provides the opportunity for six people with a learning disability to create their own home.
If you are an experienced Senior Support Worker seeking to make the next step in your career or currently in a similar role, seeking a new challenge or change of environment, then we’d like to hear from you.
Speak to us today. We’d love to hear from you. www.jeesal.org/careers/
– Assist and support the Manager in the running of the unit and to cover in the absence of the Manager;
– Support and supervise team members in adherence to accordance with policy and procedures;
– Assist the Manager in implementing regular team meetings and individual supervision of staff;
– Lead the team in ensuring that the standards of quality, safety and expectations of The CQC essential standards are met;
– Support the Manager in ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 are met and maintained;
– Support the Manager in attending or hosting tenant reviews, 117 meetings and any other meetings required;
– To support the Manager in monitoring and implementing the tenants support plan Packages and Risk Assessments;
– Provide support if required in emergencies and be prepared to assist within the wider organisation;
– Represent the service in a professional manner;
– Respond to tenants, relatives and visitors in a welcoming and professional manner;
– Attend sub group meetings and be part of the on-call system.
– Needs to have experience of working in a similar environment and position.Is required to have a minimum of a level 3 or Level 5 Diploma or Level 3 or Level 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care;
– Should be able to work independently deputising in the absence of the Manager;
– Have proven leadership and teamwork skills;
– Able to make decisions and act effectively and appropriately to emergencies and difficult situations;
– Be able to compile and produce detailed, accurate and legible reports;
– Have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
Westbrook House is in the seaside town of Cromer on the North Norfolk Coast. It is a vibrant town with a good range of independent shops and well-know high street stores as well as an extensive range of sporting, leisure and educational facilities. Cromer has excellent transport links including bus, coach and rail services connecting Cromer to local towns and the city of Norwich. Jeesal Group also provides a company vehicle available for use as and when desired.
At Westbrook House we provide the opportunity for six people with a learning disability to create their own home.
Westbrook House is divided into a one-bedroom apartment, a two-bedroom apartment and three single bedrooms, one with en suite facilities. Each tenant has decorated and furnished their room or apartment to their individual taste
£20,800 pa. Full Time, Permanent, 40 hrs per week
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced Disclosure and Barring disclosure.