There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 22/11/20
Location: Westbrook House, Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £11.50 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 hour per week
At Jeesal our vision is for people with a learning disability to live a happy, meaningful and fulfilled life. We do this in line with our values of Care, Respect, Innovate and Demonstrate.
At Westbrook House we provide the opportunity for six service users with a learning disability to create their own home. We are seeking a Deputy Manager to join the team on a full time basis and support the manager in the day to day running of the service.
Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager
- Manage the staffing rota to ensure there is sufficient staff cover to meet contracted hours of provision and effectively support individuals.
- Review, monitor and audit daily records for all service users to ensure they are completed accurately and fully on Pandora for each individual. Provide guidance and coaching where standard may fall below expectations.
- Review incident reports through Pandora to ensure these are completed accurately. Sign off in the absence or when designated by the Support Service Manager.
- Ensure that information is collated as required to ensure that through and effective handovers occur from shift to shift
- Manage medication in accordance with the medicines policy, ensuring that medicines are ordered, appropriately booked and administered safely at all times and ensure that completion of the monthly medicines audit.
- Provide 1:1 sessions to senior staff as designated by the Service Manager. Ensure that clear records are maintained.
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Ensure that all individual service users have a monthly review of their support completed by support staff/keyworkers. Provide coaching and guidance to staff in the completion of these to ensure reviews and documentation is of a high standard.
- Lead and support staff in developing, implementing and reviewing service user support plans and information held on Pandora
- Conduct annual medication competency assessment for senior staff.
- Familiar with the duties and responsibilities of a Support Worker and Senior Support Worker and flexible in carrying out such duties when required.
Requirements of a Deputy Manager
- An NVQ Level 3/5 In Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of working in a similar role and environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal at all levels of the organisation.
- Understanding of CQC fundamental standards of care and inspection requirements
- Meaning of and working within confines of confidentiality
- Ability to guide and influence less experienced staff to gain the best outcomes
- Sound understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
- Record keeping to a high standard of content, accuracy and presentation
- Clear and concise verbal skills
- Approachable and professional
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker:
- £11.50 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Hyundai Affinity New Car Scheme
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check