There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
St Martins Housing
Closing Date: 02/02/22
Full Time 38 hours per week. Starting Salary £29,577. Shift working patterns, alternative weekends off.
Highwater House is a 22 bed residential care home, rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We provide care and support for adults with mental health and substance misuse issues. Our focus is on delivering Trauma Informed Care (TIC) in a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE).
Due to internal promotions, we are seeking a Deputy Care Manager to work alongside our Registered Manager. The post holder will coordinate the operational management of the service and promote the highest standards of care and support. In the absence of the Registered Manager the post holder will be responsible for the efficient day to day running of Highwater House, including responsible for completing care plans, audits and monitoring team member performance.
We are looking for:
- Someone with a full understanding of CQC requirements and local safeguarding procedures.
- Experienced in leading and supporting teams to deliver excellence.
- Someone with the passion and drive to support everyone living at Highwater.
- Evidence of emotional resilience and tenacity to provide support even when faced with resistance.
- Experience of supporting people who have poor mental health, addictions or who are ex-offenders.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
You can expect:
- The support and guidance of working for one of the Top 20 Best Charities to Work For, as featured in the Sunday Times list for 2021.
- A comprehensive training programme and gaining experience in the fields of trauma informed care, psychologically informed environments and social care.
- For anyone wishing to learn more and progress, you will have a personal development programme tailored to your interests within our field of work.
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month.
- Access to discounted products and services and cycle to work scheme.
If you enjoy a challenge and you are committed to continuous improvement, we’d be delighted to receive your application for this very special role.
Please note: For to legal requirements all applicants will need to have both COVID injections or be medically exempt to work in a residential care home.
For further information, please Iain Boag or Angela Herbert on 01603 766627.
For an application pack please download from our website Working at St Martins – St Martins (stmartinshousing.org.uk)s or contact reception on 01603 667706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Martins is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.