There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Day Centre Manager
Attleborough Day Centre
Between £12.01-15.00 Per Hour
Attleborough Day Centre
Closing Date: 30/07/21
Attleborough Day Centre require a dedicated Manager required to join the team providing high quality day care, primarily for elderly members of the community, but also other adults requiring additional support. Hours 24 per week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Currently providing outreach services Monday to Friday in response to the Covid pandemic.
Attleborough Day Centre opened in 1994 to provide day care for those in need of such a service. Clients are mainly elderly but may include people with mental health problems, a learning disability or a cognitive, sensory or physical impairment and requiring a higher level of individual care. The Centre caters for around 30 clients requiring varying levels of support daily, three days per week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and is open from 9am to 3.30pm, The Centre is open 51 weeks per year in St. Mary’s Community Hall. The Centre also offers a range of adjunctive outreach services, some of which have been developed during the Covid-19 pandemic, and these are available five days a week.
The Centre has a contract with Norfolk County Council for a large proportion of clients who are referred and funded by Social Services. The Centre also takes private clients – self funders. Attleborough Day Centre is run as a Charitable Trust. The day to day running of the Centre is managed by the Day Centre Manager on behalf of the Trustees who operate a Management Committee. It is run in accordance with Norfolk County Council Adult Social Services ‘Service Specification for Day Care’.
The aim of the Centre is to provide high quality day care, thereby assisting people to remain living at home and to provide a break for family members who otherwise provide care. The dignity and independence of Centre users and their carers is respected at all times as are other basic values of privacy, choice, individual rights and personal fulfilment.
The Day Centre Manager will lead a small team and is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Centre and is accountable to the Trustees.
Our successful candidate will have significant experience of working within the care sector either at management level or be able to demonstrate that this is the next step in their career. The candidate will be able to provide professional leadership encouraging an innovative approach to the delivery of quality, person-centred care and associated services, whilst also demonstrating:
Relevant Health and Social Care qualification (minimum Health and Social Care Certificate Level 3 at entry)
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Professional and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and record-keeping skills, including Word and Excel
- An understanding of working within a budget
- Able to use initiative, make decisions but know when decisions need to be made by or endorsed by Trustees
- Have a flexible approach to work, as necessary
- Understand Safeguarding
- Experience of working with or as a volunteer
- Experience of interfacing with other health care professionals, family carers and community groups
- Good understanding of care legislation, local and national policy
- Commitment to supporting vulnerable Older People through high quality service provision
- Commitment to training and development of entire staff team
Pay range between £14,946 and £18,720 dependent on experience and qualifications.
For further details, a job description or an informal chat, please contact Attleborough Day Centre on 01953 454 613.