There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 29/10/21
Responsible to: Home Manager / Kitchen Manager
Hours: 33 per week
Week 1 Monday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2 Monday, Thursday, Friday
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Clarence House in the beautiful seaside town of Mundesley.
Clarence House is a registered Residential Home in specialising in Dementia Care. We are a 41-bed home, all with varying clinical, physical needs.
Here at Clarence House we provide support for older people, we provide more than just somewhere to live; we provide a caring home environment with activities and support.
Nest Pension Scheme
Full induction & on-going fully certificated training to support your development
We promote recognized qualifications in care and encourage learning
Perk Box subscription offering discounts on everyday shopping & free wellbeing service
Company progression opportunities- over 80% promotion within services
Company awards yearly recognising progression and service
Job Purpose: To provide well balanced and nutritious meals for the elderly, following all food safety regulations.
- To cook meals for the elderly on a daily basis
- Follow a set menu to provide a nutritious well balanced weekly menu taking into account all dietary needs
- To be responsible for carrying out and recording all health and safety checks in the kitchen including fridge, freezer and food temperatures.
- Clean the kitchen following the agreed schedule
- To follow all health and safety and environmental health regulations reporting to the manager any necessary action required
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment are clean and safe and standards of hygiene are high
- Complete the weekly shopping list
- To keep accurate records
- Attend identified training
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Any other duties, which may be reasonably required of you, as identified by the Residential Manager
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of residents you come into contact with.
- A Level 2 qualification in Food Safety
- To have knowledge and understanding of environmental health regulations
- A knowledge and understanding of health and safety
- A knowledge and understanding of infection control.
- A knowledge and understanding of healthy eating
- Effective communication skills
- Ability and commitment to work as part of a team
- Reliability and motivation
- Able to take responsibility
- Ability to do relevant health and safety checks and keep up to date records.
- Experience of working to Health and Safety regulations
- Experience of working to COSHH regulations
- Experience of providing healthy, well balanced nutritious meals
- Some previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen