There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 24/08/22
Norse Group are a multi-disciplined commercial service provider to a number of clients throughout the UK. One of our core disciplines within Norfolk & Suffolk is catering, and we partner with several schools, care homes and businesses across the region. Our core aim is to provide locally sourced delicious and nutritious meals to the pupils, residents and employees. We do this by gathering produce from local sources to become part of our incredible, tasty menus.
At Cranmer House in Fakenham, Norfolk, we are looking for an experienced Cook Manager to join our team so we can continue to deliver the highest levels of customer service to residents at the home.
- Part-Time, Permanent
- Week 1: 35 hours per week
- Week 2: 21 hours per week
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the highest standard
- Manage and guide the catering team
- Contribute to high levels of customer service
- Comply and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health & Safety, ensuring that best food practices and hygiene procedures are adhered to.
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to demonstrate a mixture of commercial catering experience and your own passion for cooking, in particular;
- Proven experience in a hands-on cooking role in a busy catering environment
- Food Hygiene certificate, with working knowledge of kitchen health & safety
- Experience leading and/or supervising an on-site catering team
- Ability to create a variety of meals with fresh ingredients
- Excellent time-keeping skills, able to meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills, comfortable engaging with colleagues and clients
This position is available on a full time, permanent basis for a total of 38 hours per week. The shift pattern will be on a two-week rota as follows: Week 1 – Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri 0730-1430 & 1500-1830 and Week 2 – Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun 0730-1430 & 1500-1830.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.