There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/12/21
Community Care Worker –Lowestoft, Gorleston and surrounding areas
Pay rates £9.55 to £10.55 per hour plus mileage paid at 20p per mile
Full Time, Part Time and weekend positions available
Here at Manorcourt Homecare (part of the Healthcare Homes Group), our amazing carers are striving to ensure our services are available to the most vulnerable and, as demand for our home care packages continue to grow, we are expanding our teams in your local community.
If you have the unique qualities required for this rewarding role and want to work for an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, then come and join us. We can offer full-time or part-time hours, weekends, evenings – permanent employment and bank staff. Guaranteed contracted hours offered.
In order to join us, you will need to:
- Genuinely care for others
- Display patience, understanding and show compassion
- Possess good communication skills
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- Undergo an enhanced DBS check
- Treat all service users with dignity
- Be dedicated and reliable
- Flexible shift patterns – including both full and part time roles (although please note that due to the nature of the service, the role does involve working alternate weekends).
- Guaranteed contracted hours offered
- 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Company smartphone will be provided
- Fully paid Induction Training and shadowing period to support you gain the skills and knowledge required
- Further training and development opportunities including fully funded NVQ’s in Health & Social Care
- Generous ‘refer a friend’ reward of £500 for all new staff
Our teams help people who wish to retain their independence and remain at home for as long as possible. Duties and key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Basic meal preparation
- Personal hygiene; showering, bathing, washing
- Helping people get up each morning and go to bed each evening
- Provide toileting assistance
- Light domestic duties
- Attend social calls, book and accompany to appointments
- Shopping either with or on behalf of service users
Full PPE provisions are provided and procedures in place to ensure our carers are protected. We also provide EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role, we would welcome your application.
Manorcourt Homecare is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by the CQC.